Welcome to Our Office
Establishing trust and the ability to communicate is the most important part of your first visit. Please feel free to volunteer as much information as possible about your condition to Dr. Redfern and his staff. Following Dr. Redfern’s instructions carefully will help the success of your treatment. Ask about any restrictions on special activities you may want to perform. Your medical records are confidential, unless work related. If there is ever any problem with your care or your bill, please bring it to our attention. Your happiness is our primary concern.
About Your Appointment
- On your first visit, we will begin a medical record that is kept for seven years. Please bring your X-rays and MRI films, test results, medication lists, and past medical history with you. We ask new patients to arrive 20 minutes early to allow time to complete registration forms. Please bring your insurance card, claim form, a photo identification card, and your payment method.
- Please be prepared to change into a gown or wear clothing that allows the affected body part to be examined or uncovered.
- For your first visit, please allow more than one hour to take a thorough history, perform a detailed exam, and take x-rays if needed. Additional time to schedule outside tests or set up physical therapy may be needed. Follow-up visits are usually shorter.
- We realize your time is valuable. Occasionally, emergencies or patients with complex problems will put us behind schedule. Whenever possible, we will try to contact you ahead of time to reschedule.
- New Appointment Check List:
- ____ All X-Ray and MRI films
- ____ Photo ID
- ____ Insurance Form/Card
- ____ Prior Medical Records, If Available
Fees, Billing, and Insurance
Co-pays and deductibles are required to be paid at the time of service. You may use cash, check, or, for your convenience, we accept all Major credit cards
Our office bills your insurance company as a courtesy to you. The medical bill is your responsibility whether your insurance company pays or not. Therefore, it is in your best interest to provide us with accurate insurance information and respond to any requests for additional information from your insurance company in a timely manner. It is important to notify us of any changes of insurance, or any change of address, as undeliverable statements may be turned over to a collection agency. If you require an operation with Dr. Redfern, please be aware that the co-payment requested at the time of your pre-op appointment is Dr. Redfern’s fee only. You will be billed separately for services from the hospital or other professionals.
Emergencies, Phone Calls, and Questions
In a true emergency, go to the nearest hospital emergency room and have Dr. Redfern notified. For all other problems, please call the office for instructions. If it is after office hours, the answering service will ask Dr. Redfern or the covering doctor to return your call. If your medication or therapy prescriptions run out before your return visit, or if there is a problem with authorizations, please contact the office. Medications are only refilled during regular office hours.