Sports Injuries and Operations
- Sports Injuries
- Videos of Commons Sports Surgeries
- Additional Surgical Animations from OrthoIllustrated
- AAOS Knee Arthroscopy Patient Information
Total Joint Replacements
Dr. Redfern uses Stryker joint replacements, which can yield high performance and longevity.
- The Trident Ceramic-on-Ceramic has excellent wear properties and has not had complications associated with metal-on-metal replacements.
- The Stryker GetAroundKnee (or “triathlon knee”) is designed to give patients excellent motion, which mimics the natural, circular motion of the knee.
Before recommending total joint replacement, Dr. Redfern will explore all viable options, including medications, therapy, braces, and injections. Dr. Redfern was recently quoted in AARP Magazine about the use of hyaluronic acid injections for knee osteoarthritis. You can read this article here.